6 Day Whitsundays Reefsleep & Stay
OverviewPicture yourself cruising the Whitsunday islands, stopping to snorkel amidst a rainbow of marine life, sleeping on a purpose-built floating pontoon under a canopy of stars, and then waking to the sunrise as it makes its slow ascent above the Outer Great Barrier Reef. Sounds magic, doesn’t it? It's just one of many unforgettable experiences you’ll have on this six day 'Reefsleep and stay' package.
Soak up the delights of Airlie Beach at leisure; relax in the waterfront lagoon, stroll the Bicentennial Boardwalks, or bite into the sensational cafe and restaurant scene. Then, climb aboard the Lady Enid heritage yacht for a full day sailing adventure. Barefoot luxury at its best, you’ll enjoy a relaxing trip out to Whitsunday Island for a swim at Whitehaven Beach, get to take in stunning views from Hill Inlet, and also encounter coral cays teeming with marine life. After another night in Airlie Beach, venture out to the purpose-built Reefworld pontoon at Hardy Reef for more snorkelling and a once-in-a-lifetime experience sleeping on the deck in a double Reefbed. Out on the outer Great Barrier Reef, the only lights you’re likely to see are passing ships in the night and a billion twinkling stars.
This incredible package includes four nights accommodation in Airlie Beach, a full day tour on Lady Enid, a night on Reefworld with all meals and beverages included, select transfers and more.
- Embrace the tropical vibe of Airlie Beach at leisure
- Sail among the Whitsunday Islands on a full day adventure aboard Lady Enid heritage yacht
- Experience Whitehaven Beach, one of the world’s most stunning beaches
- Admire the spectacular view from Hill Inlet Lookout
- Snorkel amidst a rainbow of marine life on the Great Barrier Reef
- Keep an eye out for green sea turtles, anemone fish and more
- Enjoy a bush guided walk through national parkland
- Spend a night on the Outer Great Barrier Reef aboard the Reefworld Pontoon
- Enjoy a scenic cruise through the Whitsundays to the Outer Reef
- Breathe in the stillness and serenity of a sunset on the reef
- Dive into clear waters and snorkel amongst abundant marine life
- Snorkelling with all gear provided, including wetsuits and stinger suits
- Access to Reefworld underwater observatory
- Semi-submarine guided tour
- Enjoy 4 nights quality hotel/resort accommodation in Airlie Beach
- 1 night ‘Reefsleep’ experience on board the Reefworld pontoon
- Enjoy lunch, morning and afternoon tea on the Lady Enid (Day 2)
- Enjoy all meals during your ReefSleep Experience (Day 3)
- Enjoy morning and afternoon snacks, tea and coffee, on board Reefsleep (Day 3)
- All beverages including beer and wine on board Reefsleep (Day 3, *cocktails and spirits at an additional cost)
- Skipper and onboard crew
- Onboard snorkelling equipment and basic tuition
- Stinger suits
- National and marine park fees and Marina levies (EMC - Environmental Management Charge)
- Day 3: Hotel to cruise terminal transfer
- Day 4: Cruise terminal to hotel transfer
Today make your own way to Airlie Beach for an early afternoon check-in to your hotel. Enjoy the remainder of the day at leisure.Overnight: Toscana Village Resort or similar, Airlie Beach
Meals included: None
The resort township of Airlie Beach is not only home to the world famous Whitsunday Islands, but well worth a visit itself. The coastal town offers a laid back atmosphere with a wide range of cafes, alfresco restaurants, bars, a central lagoon, and quaint shops.Overnight: Toscana Village Resort or similar, Airlie Beach
Meals included: None
This morning you will be transferred to the port terminal to board your overnight Whitsunday sailing experience. Reefsleep is an encounter with the Great Barrier Reef – an intimate, once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to sleep under the stars.
Exclusive Reefworld at Hardy Reef is your destination – a permanently moored pontoon, located 39 nautical miles from edge on the outer Great Barrier Reef. Swim, snorkel, dive and explore this amazing natural ecosystem.Your journey begins with a cruise to the outer reef through the gorgeous Whitsunday Islands. Keep an eye out for migrating Humpback Whales between July and September.
Out on the reef, go swimming and snorkelling, ride in a semi-submarine and visit the underwater observatory – followed by a generous buffet lunch. After the day-trippers head back to shore, the pontoon and the reef are exclusively yours. Enjoy a sunset drink before your evening meal is served on deck, featuring fresh and delicious local produce. Afterwards, head for the pontoon’s top level and slip into your cosy Double Reefbed– it is just you, the ocean, and a galaxy of stars.
Meals included: Lunch;Dinner
Dawn on the reef is peaceful and unhurried. There’s time for some more snorkelling after breakfast – the reef is all yours to enjoy – or return to the underwater observatory and watch the reef come to life. After lunch, your Cruise Whitsundays vessel returns you to the mainland in the afternoon. Upon arrival in Airlie Beach be transferred to your hotel.Overnight: Toscana Village Resort or similar, Airlie Beach
Meals included: Breakfast;Lunch
This morning you will be transferred to the port terminal to begin your full day sailing adventure. The Lady Enid is a craftsman-built timber yacht offering barefoot luxury at its best. Your first stop will be Whitehaven Beach - one of the world’s most spectacular beaches.
While sailing out to Whitsunday Island, start your day with morning tea with a selection of hot beverages, muffins, and scones and just before you reach Whitehaven Beach, a seasonal fruit platter will be served.
On arrival at Whitsunday Island your crew will lead you on a guided bush walk to enjoy the diverse flora and fauna to Hill Inlet. It is a moderate uphill stroll to three lookouts, which offer stunning vistas over Hill Inlet’s waters and white sweeping sands. On Whitehaven Beach, you will have time to enjoy, relax and swim the crystal-clear waters and explore the shallows of the Inlet before getting back on board for a delicious lunch.
For your snorkelling destination, you will have the best location on the day, to ensure you encounter colourful coral cays teeming with life, the chance to encounter marine animals found nowhere else on the planet amongst beautiful underwater gardens.
After snorkelling set sail for home at Airlie Beach. You will have worked up an appetite so sit back and enjoy a complimentary glass of sparkling and a high tea of a selection of antipasto and cheeses. Upon arrival back in Airlie beach be transferred to your hotel.
Meals included: Lunch
This morning check out and make your own onwards travel arrangements.Overnight: Toscana Village Resort or similar, Airlie Beach
Meals included: None
On purchasing this Travel Offer you are bound by the General Terms and Conditions, in addition to the specific terms and conditions outlined in this Important Information.
Covid-19 Booking Policy
- TripADeal Tour packages are non-refundable. If your Tour package is affected by Covid-19 related travel restrictions and you are unable to travel, you will receive an open credit less any non-recoverable supplier fees to the value of your original purchase for use on any other package available via the TripADeal website.
Please note: Date change credits are subject to availability and not guaranteed until confirmed by TripADeal, not the property you are due to stay with.
Booking is subject to final confirmation from the tour provider. If you do not receive an email from the tour provider within 7 Business Days please contact TripADeal. If the selected dates cannot be secured an alternative date can be selected. In the event no available dates are suitable, a full refund will be provided. Please refrain from booking travel arrangements prior to final email confirmation from the accommodation provider.
Please note: all additional charges are payable direct to your Travel Consultant in AUD (unless otherwise stated).
Travel offer is valid for travel on selected dates until the 5th of September 2022.
This travel offer is priced for one person based on twin share.
Single Traveller Supplement
No discounts apply for solo travellers. Twin share voucher must be purchased.
February: 7, 21
May: 2, 16, 30
August: 8, 15
September: 5, 12
Please note: See checkout for live dates and availability.
Reefsleep is a two-day/one-night encounter with the Great Barrier Reef – an intimate, once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to sleep under the stars. Exclusive Reefworld at Hardy Reef is your destination – a permanently moored pontoon, located 39 nautical miles from shore on the outer Great Barrier Reef. Swim, snorkel, dive and explore this amazing natural ecosystem.
3-4 Star (self-rated)
- Airlie Beach: Toscana Village Resort or similar
- Cruise: ReefSleep accommodation in Reefbeds under the stars
Please note: Accommodation/rooms offered are based on a lead-in room type, and are subject to availability based on seasonality.
Not available at check-out.
Please note: If you are interested in booking additional nights accommodation pre or post tour, please wait until you receive your travel documentation approximately 6 weeks prior to departure for the confirmed list of hotels.
Maximum Room Capacity
No children allowed. Valid for adults 18 years old and above only.
1 x Double bed (no twin singles available).
Adjoining / Interconnecting Rooms
Subject to availability and at the hotels discretion. Please enquire on booking if you require this option.
Minimum group size 2, maximum group size 24 per vehicle.
- Flights / domestic transfers
- Meals/beverages not stated in the itinerary
- Optional gratuities/tipping
- Optional activities/tours
- Personal expenses
- Travel insurance (Strongly recommended)
CLIMATE & AVERAGE TEMPERATURES
Airlie Beach and The Whitsundays
- Airlie Beach enjoys a subtropical climate that provides fine, mild weather year round. The surrounding islands experience a hot and humid wet season from November through to May however Airlie Beach remains at a relatively steady 32 degrees Celsius with less humidity during these summer months.
- Winter in Airlie Beach falls between June to October and although the climate does get cooler, temperatures are still quite warm compared to the rest of Australia. The temperature drops to about 16 degrees Celsius during this time with a maximum of 27 degrees Celsius however most days the temperature is a mild 23 degrees Celsius allowing you to enjoy pleasant weather year round.
- Much of Airlie Beach's wonderful weather and comfortable climate can be attributed to its stunning location on the Queensland coast off the Great Barrier Reef. Facing north, Airlie Beach benefits from plenty of sunshine and cooling sea breezes to provide the perfect balance for your Tropical North Queensland holiday.
You will be responsible for all your personal belongings whilst on the trip. Please pack just the essentials for one overnight sailing cruise (e.g. change of clothes, swim wear, beach towel, toiletries, cash/credit card for spirits and optional activities like guided snorkelling safaris and scuba diving etc.) in a small soft-sided zipless bag. The remainder of your luggage can be stored at the hotel.
Fitness Level Required / Mobility
Our vehicles are not equipped with wheelchair access, so, unfortunately, our tours are currently not suitable for wheelchair users and those less mobile.
Please note: a general level of fitness will be required. If you have any concerns please consult your healthcare provider prior to purchase/travel.
Gratuities / Tipping
Gratuities (tips) are not included in the tour price for services of the tour leader (when available) and driver throughout the tour. Tipping is optional and at the customers discretion.
Please note: In the event entrance to a site is affected by changes in operating hours or public holiday closures, your itinerary where possible, will be adjusted or similar activity will be offered in its place (subject to availability).
This includes booking changes requested by you, including but not limited to those changes requiring an airline ticket or a Purchase Confirmation reissue.
· Changes - $100.00 per booking + any additional charges applied by the airline/cruise company/accommodation/other travel providers.
Name Changes Due To Passenger Error
· If the incorrect name has been advised to TripADeal, charges of $100.00 per booking + any additional charges applied by the airline/cruise company/accommodation/other travel providers.
In the event the Travel Offer you have purchased is unable to proceed, and/or a travel Supplier is unable to fulfil the Travel Offer due to external circumstances (Limitation of Liability e.g. a Force Majeure event), there may be a fee or amount of money that is withheld by our Suppliers and is unrecoverable. This may be due to non-refundable airline tickets, cancellation penalties with cruise cabins or unrecoverable payments with our land/accommodation partners. TripADeal has committed to these costs as your Agent and will endeavour to recover all funds committed and/or paid for your Travel Offer, but this may not be possible in all circumstances. If refunds are not available from Suppliers, we will endeavour to obtain a travel credit on the best terms available and communicate these outcomes to you. In the event, TripADeal is unable to obtain a refund or travel service credit, or part thereof, this cost is passed on to the customer as a Supplier Fee. This fee is not revenue-raising and is paid to or withheld by our suppliers when recovering payments.